Your One-Stop Shop for Investing in Mortgages
Mortgages pay compound interest, direct deposited monthly into your account, with no landlord hassle, no franchise cost/risks and no stock market fluctuations.
- Steady monthly income
- Great yields
- Low investment to value
Video and Investing in Notes Resources
Intro to Notes
Glastonbury Thorn is a one-stop shop for investing in mortgages. In this video, we kick things off by explaining what a “note” actually is and why you might want to consider owning one.
Notes vs Rentals
An overview and comparison of the monthly costs an investor faces when investing in rentals vs owning a mortgage as a private investor. The net profit of each type of investment is then compared.
Notes vs. Rehabs
An overview and comparison of the costs, risks and returns for rehabs (also known as fix and flips), vs investing in a non-performing note (one where the borrower is not currently making payments). In effect, we’ll be asking: Is it better to “rehab” a piece of paper (a mortgage that’s past due) or rehab a whole house?
Notes vs. Multi-Family Properties
A comparison of the advantages and disadvantages of buying a multi-family unit for rental income vs buying a portfolio of mortgages. The reason a portfolio of mortgage notes is used for this comparison is because that way we’re comparing apples-to-apples because both examples involve getting investment income from multiple doors.
Glastonbury Thorn is a Certified Buyer and Reseller of Mortgages
Mortgages are an attractive alternative for investors who want to escape the hassles of rental property or the uncertainties of the stock market.
Mortgage notes can also be held within your self-directed IRA, earning excellent rates of return that compound tax free.
Turnkey Services Include:
Prior to Purchase
- An up-to-date Broker Price Opinion of the value of the property.
- Up-to-date photos of the exterior of the property
- A report on loan payment history
- A report on the underlying paperwork and chain of title
- We hand pick notes with favorable terms and excellent loan-to-value ratios.
- Most notes we offer have be discounted, so they have even higher yields than the original face interest rate of the note.
- All the notes have been seasoned, so you can review the actual payment history before you invest.
- We manage all aspects of closing
- Individual investors can buy even just one or two notes at a time, or a whole portfolio.
- We hold a $30,000 License (Notes Direct Diamond Certification). This allows Glastonbury Thorn to buy notes on behalf of individual investors.
- James Griffin FICO Score: 809
- No markup and no fees. All our fees are paid by the sellers.
- $1 million in assets under management
After You Invest
- Your monthly income is direct deposited to your account by an accredited third-party servicer.
- Taxes, insurance and any HOA fees are managed in an escrow account
- Quarterly investor meetings via web.
- Year-end reporting for your tax accountant